Tetravet LA 20% cattle, sheep, goat / per bovini caprini e ovini
Tetravet LA 200
THE NAME OF THE PRODUCT
Sterile aqueous solution containing:
-Oxytetracyclina Dihydrat Ph.Eur. the equivalent of 200 mg / ml oxytetracycline base.
is specially designed to provide long-lasting action consisting of sustained antibacterial activity. The blood level persists for at least 4 days.
Following intramuscular administration, the maximum blood level is reached after 4-8 hours, making suitable for the treatment of acute infections.
Oxytetracycline has been shown to be effective for the in vitro treatment of the following bacterial species:
- Bordetella bronchiseptica, Corynebacterium pyogenes, Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae, Escherichia coli, Haemophilus somnus, Pasteurella haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, Salmonella dublin, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus faucococus.
is indicated for the treatment of cattle, sheep and pigs for:
- atrophic rhinitis caused by Bordetella bronchiseptica, Pasteurella haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida;
- joint disease / omphalophlebitis caused by Corynebacterium pyogenes, E. coli and Staphylococcus aureus;
- mastitis caused by Corynebacterium pyogenes, E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus agalactiae and Streptococcus uberis;
- metritis caused by E. coli and Streptococcus pyogenes;
- pasteurellosis and respiratory tract infections caused by Pasteurella haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida;
- septicemia caused by Salmonella dublin and Streptococcus pyogenes;
- redness caused by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae.
can also be used to control enzootic abortion in sheep.
Dosage and method of administration
The recommended dose is 20 mg / kg body weight (1 ml / 10 kg body weight) by deep intramuscular injection.
The product is recommended for a single administration. The maximum dose that can be given at one point is:
Cattle: 15 ml
Porcine: 10 ml
Sheep: 5 ml
Piglets: 0.2 ml on the first day
7 days 0.3 ml
14 days 0.4 ml
21 days 0.5 ml
over 21 days 1 ml / 10 kg.
Milk should not be used for human consumption during treatment. Milk intended for human consumption can be put into use only after 10 days from the last treatment. Milk intended for human consumption from sheep may be put into use only 7 days after the last treatment.
During treatment, animals will not be slaughtered for human consumption. Cattle can be slaughtered for human consumption only 31 days after the last treatment. Pigs may be slaughtered for human consumption only 18 days after the last treatment. Sheep can be slaughtered for human consumption only after 9 days from the last treatment.
is not intended for horses, dogs or cats.
Never dilute !
Although is well tolerated, a mild transient local reaction at the site of inoculation may sometimes be observed.
Do not use in animals with kidney or liver disease.
The use of tetracyclines during the growth of teeth and bones, even in the last part of gestation, can lead to their discoloration.
If another product is used simultaneously, inject it at separate points.
Wash your hands after use. In case of contact with skin or eyes, wash immediately with water.
Do not store above 25ºC. Avoid light.
Keep out of reach of children !
After opening the bottle, use the contents of the bottle in a maximum of 28 days.
After opening the bottle for the first time, the expiry date of the product will be exceeded.
Stored as such, it maintains its effectiveness for 2 years from the date of manufacture. After opening and exposing the product to air, the contents of the bottle may darken in color but retain their effectiveness. The handling of the unused product and of the empty bottle is done according to the local regulations in force.